Job No: 1
Job type: Payroll & personal administration
Categories: Payroll & personal administration/Financial services
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Exercises professional scepticism.
- Exercises alertness and diligence in executing assigned tasks.
- Prepare payments slips for payment for Quarterly Taxes and bi-monthly VAT payments.
- Prepare cheques for payment of Tax and VAT liabilities on behalf of clients.
- Prepare and submit letters to BIR requesting Notice of assessments, statement for liabilities and or receipts.
- Prepare VAT, Corporation Tax and PAYE Returns on behalf of small companies.
- Keep log of all TAX and VAT payments made by clients.
- Scan copies of quarterly tax and VAT receipts and all outgoing correspondence for the department and save to client file on the tax server.
- Prepare applications for Tax, VAT and NIS Clearance Certificates on behalf of clients.
- Attend budget planning meeting and assist with annual budget and quarterly newsletter.
- Prepare appropriate documentation to support work done.
- Identify and promptly communicate issues to Senior Manager
- Understand all relevant methodologies, tools and legislative framework and standards.
- Any other work assigned by the Tax Senior of Senior Manager.
- Secondary school education including the attainment of at least five (5) ‘O’ including English Language and Mathematics and/or two (2) ‘A’ levels.
- Currently pursuing FIA Level 3 or ACCA Level 1, F1- F3
- Experience in an accounting environment or equivalent would be an asset.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
Please include in your email subject "GT Careers - Payroll Trainee I"
Please include in your email subject "GT Careers- Payroll Trainee I"
Applications for this position are now closed