Accounting Associate II
Job No: 1
Job type: Business process outsourcing (BPO)
Categories: Accounting and Outsourcing /Financial services
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Meet the demands of Clients on a timely basis.
- Maintain a good working relationship with clients to enhance customer satisfaction and work with client management and staff at all levels to perform accounting services;
- Exercises professional scepticism.
- Exercises alertness and diligence in executing assigned tasks;
- Attends and participates in risk assessment and planning meetings and makes notes to produce minutes.
- Prepares draft of budgets.
- Computation of taxes (VAT, Green Fund Levy, Corporation tax, Business Levy).
- Preparing management reports in accordance with internal standards with appropriate documentation to support work done.
- Prepares working papers in accordance with internal standards and financial statements in accordance with IFRS.
- Identify and promptly communicate issues to ICA and suggest solutions.
- Provide explanations and OJT for staff with less experience.
- Supervises the work of entry level and assistant accountants on the accounting team.
- Understand all relevant GT methodologies, tools and accounting and auditing standards; and
- Any other work assigned by the ICA
- Currently pursuing Tertiary education and or secondary school education including the attainment of at least five (5) ‘O’ including English Language and Mathematics and/or two (2) ‘A’ levels;
- ACCA Level 2; and
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of updated IFRS, IFRS for SMEs, ISAs and established internal standards and procedures.
- 3-4 years’ experience in an accounting environment or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of Peachtree; and Oracle
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.